webuser_530033479

How to make kitchen tiles/design look better?

T
last year
last modified: last year

We bought a cream shaker style kitchen. We originally wanted lighter oak worktops but settled for the darker walnut laminate worktop offered by the kitchen company as they offered us a good deal. We were unsure what tiles to get for ages and many people said white tiles would make the kitchen look too white. So we decided on a sage green colour. The tiles that are shown in the photo were described as 'duck egg' but looked quite green in the shop and at home, at least initially. Now they look very blue and this has completely changed the look of the kitchen. Not really a fan of the blue colour! We were considering the sage green metro tiles in Wickes but they looked more grey than green. In comparison, the 'duck egg' tiles looked greener. What can we do to improve the look of the kitchen? We haven't layed down any flooring yet so that might still make a huge difference. I'm also tempted to change the door handles to silver ones. But overall, we're really not loving the blue tinge of the tiles. Any advice would be appreciated!

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.