webuser_715216103

Feedback on mock up of front windows/door please

Rolly Polly
11 months ago

Hi. Sorry to post about windows again but thanks to your feedback so far am almost there…hopefully!

Trying to get the front of house sorted & would appreciate any opinions. Basically, semi-detached & semi-rural late 50s house. Surrounded by a mix of mostly character builds, some with sash windows. It’s a very green area, tons of trees. All very traditional & toned down as far as I can tell. Our house does have a little bit of a cottage feel inside & out but also one or two mid century features.

The house is very flat at the front so we have permission to remove the concrete slab & put in a simple oak frame porch. The old wooden window boxes are going. The small extension to the side has permission & can’t change now. It’s replacing a tumble down prefab garage which is a bit of an eyesore. The window to the left of the porch downstairs is broken so will need to be replaced so if we’re going to change the window style then now seems like the time to do it. Door in wood, windows uPVC. I would like some small openers ideally and am trying to understand equal sightlines/flush - would that look better?

Couple of mock ups (very slight difference to the top windows). The door style or colour is not fixed yet. Tried to keep everything traditional & not jarring with other houses but also not ignore the 50s era. Not sure I’ve succeeded so any thoughts much appreciated. Also posting a photo of the current frontage for comparison.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.