caroline_bishop40

Flooring options by bifold doors (sun and heat exposure)

Caroline Bishop
11 months ago
last modified: 11 months ago

I am in the process of having a kitchen/snug/dining room extension. 2 walls of the dining area are going to be slide and pivot doors (similar to bifolds). It's a south facing room and these doors will get sun all day long in the summer. I'm getting conflicting advice as to the best flooring solution.

First person said SPC as it's less likely to fade than LVT. Second person said LVT not SPC as it needs to be glued down with a high heat glue to prevent problems with expansion (SPC is click together). Third person said LVT will go green within 4 years due to sun exposure and to use laminate, but I would have thought that would have suffered the same as SPC with expansion in the heat. The room is also 12 meters at its longest which I believe can cause issues with laminate. I also have a small dog and baby so something tough would be great. I'd really prefer not to use tiles and ideally would like wood effect. Because it's such a large area I can't afford underfloor heating. Any advice would be amazing, thank you!

Comments (13)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.