webuser_110439188

Window seat against the "stationary side" of sliding door?

Niall McQuillan
10 months ago

I

So we are looking at a small extension to our kitchen and creating an open plan space at the back of our house. We would like either a sliding or bifold door (4m) to our back garden, and are leaning towards a sliding door mainly due to costs, more glass, less support etc.

We would also like a window seat though, and due to space restrictions we wondered if it's possible to build one against the stationary side of the sliding door, which allows the door to open 2m while still getting the full effect of the window seat. I know we could put in 2m patio doors and a 2m window, but we prefer the sliding doors, but I know there could be issues with the gap required to allow the door to open when the pane is slid across.

Apologies if the above isn't clear - I can see it in my head!! Any suggestions, pitfalls or advice is more than welcome! :)

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.