webuser_349349599

Roof Tiles Colour, Window Colour, and Layout Dilemas

Mish
7 months ago

Hi, this is the first time I have had the courage to ask some questions and post. We are doing an extension at the back of our house and have an internal extension of 8.35x5.6m. Also, we extended at the front a little to bring the living room, study, and porch in line. I stuggled with internal layout and planning and have drawn a layout that I think may work using other posts on here to help me. Struggled, especially with the porch area (decided on 2 doors eventually). Struggling with front living room design. Would be grateful if someone is able to comment and help out on layout and room layout. Have also sketched out half of the first floor plan internally. I'm not sure about the room layout there either.
We have chosen dark red bricks but am now struggling with window colour choice and roof tile colour choice. Our builder has given us a choice of the roof tiles in the picture attached ( Redland or Marley). Will red roof tiles with red brick and half render work? Would prefer a smooth roof tile texture wise. Am leaning towards the red plain smooth Marley ( Old English dark Red),which is the third roof tile from the left as you look at the picture. Our house is a 1930s house, but we wanted to modernise the front, so we removed all the tile . Also, most of the windows on our road have white windows. Since the grey roof tiles on the photo don't seem to go well with the red bricks, I'm not sure that grey windows would work. I'm not sure about whether or not brown windows would work or should we just go with white windows. Just wondered whether anyone had some helpful thoughts. The builder needs the roof tile choice ASAP, which makes me even more confused. Many thanks.

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.