dolce_maggio

From therapy room to modern ochre accented bedroom

Candi Fowles
6 months ago

We moved house for the third time in 2019. I wanted one of the rooms in the roof. But I got this instead...

So lets just talk about colour palette. Light green walls, orange floor and pink towels. Calming. A built in desk, a butcher sink and a huge corner cupboard. Nice. Right? I didn't think so. I like luxurious designs. Large, spacious, dark with lots of natural light. Tall ceilings, huge chandeliers, drowning in velvet and chenille material. Yeah. Let's not forget the budget shall we?

I actually started with the blinds. You can't see well in the photo above, but net curtains, proper old dust and moth catchers, hang at the window. So in the bin with them, and I replaced them with Roman blinds. White panels and a grey band. Then, as an extra layer and for added texture and colour, floor length crushed velvet curtains. I love ornaments and little bits here and there (and so did the previous people by the looks) so I put two small Polar Bear ornaments on the windowsill along with a doughnut shaped black vase and curved branch of Ochre coloured fuzzy plant thing (no idea what the name is!).

(note to self, take better photos!). The floor is now laminate sort of wood effect in a greyish brown colour, and the walls are Slate Grey. The corner cupboard remains, but the bench is out. In it's place is an awesome two sliding door wardrobe, with a full mirror on one of the doors, and a small built in chest of drawers. No lack of storage, that's for sure!

The Butcher sink was replaced with a smaller sink with a cupboard, and some bathroom floor marble tiles were used as splashbacks. I put a white and gold shelf above the sink which I put more ornaments on. A tealight holder and a canvas with gold highlights. Anyways, you see the small space between the corner cupboard and the wardrobe? Yeah, I initially wanted to put a side-table and a floor lamp, but there wasn't much space. So, I put three different vases with three different types of fake plants to enhance the space.

The bed, I want to change, but I don't have many ideas so far. I had thought of a sofa bed, but I'm not sure what I can fit into the limited space along with two bedside tables (which I'm changing also). If you have any ideas, then just let me know (ignore the fact I've used my bed as a dumping ground as no-one ever does that, right?).

Oh, and that's a real plant in the corner, a Lipstick plant. And that reminds me, I need to water it.

So, overall, my room started out looking rather sorry for itself...

...to looking...more modern? I don't really know what style this is, but every friend and friends of friend, every visitor, like actually everyone, has commented when they see my room. Can you guys rate it out of 10? Please? I don't mind if you give it a 1. (I do mind actually...Just kiddin'! I want to know your real verdict.)

Hope you guys have an awesome day. And keep designing like a boss!

Dolce Maggio (Candi Maé)

"Be faithful to your own taste, because nothing you really like is ever out of style." – Billy Baldwin

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.