webuser_492169662

Help with bathroom layout?

Midcen Tury-Modern
2 months ago
last modified: 2 months ago

Hello,

We are planning our bathroom renovation which we should have done when we moved in but ran out of money back then.

I’ve tried to plan out how it is at the moment and there are pictures of the horrid mosaic and worktops. I’d really like to get rid of the bath and have a big walk in shower. The window and boxing in of soil pipe looks like it will make construction over where the bath is now slightly tricky. no idea why all the taps/wastes are over away from external walls but it seems to make sense to me to try to have them all on one external wall if possible?

Option 1 is obvious but window recess makes it a little tricky.

Option 2 is my favourite, not least because it is an ensuite and the door opens next to my side of the bed! Id prefer the door in the dressing area but door space/corridor space beyond may be too narrow… Sliding pocket door might be possible?

We also desperately need more storage in here and we’re not bothered about having eg his and hers sinks. I *would* like a fancy toilet or handheld warm water douche plumbed in (not a bidet!) and also a really high end lit mirror/cabinet, and toothbrush charger that isnt going to fall in the sink etc.

I would consider electric underfloor heating but I definitely need it warm so proposing the tallest combo rad/towel rail I can fit in also.

Your thoughts on 1 & 2 would be v welcome, as would any other options I haven't thought of.

Measurements are on 1st drawing but in essence it is about 2m x 2.4m

Comments (22)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.