carol_barnett47

Proposed kitchen knockthrough into family/dining room extension.

Carol Barnett
2 months ago

We are thinking about knocking through the non load bearing wall in our kitchen - currently the wall houses an American fridge freezer with a built in surround.
Needs to be done on a budget without spending too much money to remodel kitchen.
Once rhe dividing wall is removed, the American fridge/freezer plus existing housing unit would be 12 inches too wide to reposition on the wall to the right of the longer, narrow kitchen window. My options are to have the housing unit slimmed down, breadth wise, to fit the wall or to do away with the American fridge freezer plus housing unit all together?
The fridge freezer is about 18 years old so although I love it, I'm not too precious about keeping it.
Also concerned , if I keep it, it protrudes out from the wall by 28 inches.
An alternative is to do away with it all together and incorporate an integrated undercounter fridge into the existing kitchen and a separate undercounter freezer into the adjoining utility room.
The kitchen is currently 16ft 4in in length x 8ft 9ins wide. The new, opened up length into the seating/family area will make it 24ft 5ins.
Any help, ideas, visions would be very appreciated.

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.