jan_walker8

can I have some advice on layout of kitchen for this space please

jan walker
last month

Hey, I posted a few weeks ago, we have decided to go ahead a knock down the wall between my utility(original kitchen) and our living room to create an open plan family room/kitchen/dining. How could I maximise the space? Could I have a kitchen island or a peninsula or nothing? The back door will be getting replaced and changed to swing out and the door from hall to living room is going to be a sliding door.We will be downsizing in kitchen space, but it will bring us much more together so I hope it will be worth it. I can’t really picture furniture in the space, Any tips would be great. Thanks

Comments (5)

• jan walker
    Original Author
    last month

I did have this design made by a kitchen company but I’m not sure if this is the one. Work tops are definitely off the cards. Also we have decided to keep our range instead of doing built in appliances. Would love some advice on what would work best.

• jan walker
    Original Author
    last month

Thank you so much for taking the time to put this together for me, absolutely great advice and I would never have thought about simply moving the sink and making the window and door one large door. This would be lovely for us and make the room very light.

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.