webuser_789010218

plaster ceiling roses - to do or not to do?

HU-789010218
17 days ago
last modified: 16 days ago

I have a Georgian house which is loosing its 70's Artex ceilings to the halls at last and having some cornice put up. Firstly to add ceiling roses or not?

I will be upcycling the existing lantern lights. There are roses in other rooms.

Issue: The ground floor hall has two lights and one is on a narrow section under the stairs above. If i put a small 24.5cm rose there there will only be 12.3cm gap between cornice and rose with wide gap the other side on account of there being no cornice as open to stair edge.

If i don't put roses on the ground floor then there isn't much point putting them on the first floor really. On first floor hall there are two lights - one is above the stairs and is near the loft hatch architrave. Far enought to allow a rose but perhaps it'll look too busy?

I could leave it and see what it looks like with cornice up but I'd obviously like the roses installed at the same time if I'm having them - especially the over the stairs one!!

All opinions welcomed to end the procrastination!!

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.