hzdeleted_21883923

Advice - work before or after move-in? + about the work

User
9 years ago
Hi All,

We are planning on contract completion of May 29th with exchange of contracts planned on the last week of April

I am currently in a rented house on a month - to - month contract so we have the flexibility

a. Would be great to get advice if there is better idea for my requirement
b. Also if these work seems ok then whether its better to do before or after we move in (Timeline / Cost wise)

I have attached the floor plan of our new house and would like to do the following things

1. The two doors in the Living room (ground floor) opening inwards - Thinking of removing that and closing one part of that opening (Wall construction) so that sofa could be positioned well + give good TV viewing angle as we are planning to keep it on top of fireplace - Floor is wooden - so not sure if its complicated?

2. In the ground floor - We would like to make the current "WC only" to more bathroom (adding standing shower cubicle) - This would mean we have to knock the current wall and take some more space from utility to achieve this - I have checked with the surveyor and he advised that its non load bearing wall anyway and hence could be done without much of hassle?

3. And then on top of this we would like do some re-plaster in a few places where there are some hairline cracks and slight wall damage and then of course repaint whole house with a paint of our choice

4. 1st floor Family bathroom renovation (Tiles / Fittings etc..,)

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.