iwindsor

Struggling to choose a grey for the bedroom

iwindsor
8 years ago
I'm in the midst of choosing a grey for our bedroom (which is west facing) but really struggling to make a decision. I'm torn between a more pale grey or a more intense dark shade. As my room is currently brilliant white all over, every sample looks like such a stark contrast. To help visualise, I'm aiming to keep the ceiling white and paint my current standard pine furniture a chalky white. We have natural wooden floors which I don't want to change. There is plenty of natural light as our window spans the width of a whole wall. Unfortunately I'm not at home to take pictures of the space properly until next weekend.

I don't think I fully appreciated the vast differences of undertone options. I know I don't want a browny undertone grey (although for all I know some of the attached photos do have this browny undertone??). I've attached a few Houzz photos as ideas of what I do like (so you can see my struggle between the pale and dark) but I don't know what shades these are.

So far I've got some Valspar samples on my wall ranging from blue undertones, to pinky and to a greeny one. I'm more keen on the top and middle right samples although I don't love them - I just prefer them out of those samples. I've painted them on different walls in the room to see it in different light.

I've been browsing F&B shades and like the look of Lamp Room Grey but yet to buy and sample it. Does anyone have some advice or recommendations for me before I buy another 50 shades of grey? ;-)

Comments (32)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.