jayne_hunt87

Nearly there, what would you do?

J C
8 years ago

Looking at the larder and the utility room in my plans, what would you suggest?

Keep them separate or merge into one, making the larder smaller with a bifold door or something across just the back wall? I buy a lot in bulk, so need quite a large size for food/drink and also to store baking things and stuff from the kitchen rarely used.
(Or an alternative suggestion)

Need some expert advice desperately suggesting what to do, very nearly there on my plans, so any suggestions are very very gratefully received..,please please please can you help?

What are the pro's and cons of having separate utility and larder, or merging these all in one? Having never had or used a larder or utility room before i'm wondering what's best...If you're a family what would suit your needs best as to usage? The utility is mainly to dry clothes, hang them out and put them out of sight. Also from a builders point of view, do I need to take anything into consideration, such as ventilation, heat, cold etc.

The wall on the right hand side is the outside wall, the storage area towards the front is basically a small garage with garage front to the front of the house.

At this point I possibly have another foot I can steal from the back of the house to play with size wise.

The width is 2350

Thank you so much, you're all superstars in advance... (Has fingers crossed someone will respond)

J

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.