marinelli2789

Replacing a "camp" with house - small, height limits 16ft

marinelli2789
8 years ago

We renovated our summer camp to a year round home by replacing plumbing, electrical, windows, interior walls & spent the $ on a well and septic system. Now it's time to replace it with a solid house on a foundation. Our plot is small, on a lake and the town & state has many restrictions and limitations. We cannot exceed a building height of 16 feet (to roof ridge). I would like cathedral ceiling for kitchen, living room, desk/office areas and a usable loft (extra sleeping space and storage) above the 2 bedrooms and bathroom. Cannot have a flat roof due to snow. Dilemma 1. a design for the loft; roof lines and interior (open or closed) & access. 2. Access to basement and loft. We hope to have a partial basement. We are limited to a slab for half the home. Need interior access to basement for winter months.3. We have a little more than 1000 sq ft. total and of course limited funding. I love this website as I am getting a lot of ideas.

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.