mrs_p7

I'm painting my kitchen and need some help!

Eilidh P
7 years ago
We liked the kitchen when we moved in six years ago, but I decided to paint the beams recently (they were black until a couple of weeks ago) and now I'm thinking of paint the units too, to give the room a brighter, fresher look.
The ceiling is low and the beams are currently painted with a couple of coats of primer. The large window faces south-east but we really only get light from the east in the morning. The small window faces north-west. The light seems to bring out any yellow tone in the paint samples I have tried on the beams. The walls and ceiling and currently painted in Timeless by Dulux.
I like the idea of a two tone kitchen, so painting the top cabinets a light colour with a more forgiving colour on the bottom (we have young children!).

At the moment I am thinking Farrow and Ball Ammonite on the beams, Strong White on the top units and something like Purbeck Stone or even a blue (Cook's Blue or Pitch Blue) on the bottom units.

Do you agree that I should paint the units?!
What do you think about my colour ideas?
And what shall I do about the kitchen unit handles? Will I see a mark where the old holes were if I change to a simple knob?
Oh, and should I paint the beams in Estate Emulsion or Eggshell?

Thank you!

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.