glgardendesign

Concrete Jungle to Urban Cool - A London Garden Makeover

This tricky site contained two drain covers which needed to be occasionally accessed. The client also wanted to use the far end as a parking space for his car. He also requested multi purpose seating for dinning and lounging, an area of grass and the upkeep to be very low maintenance.
We used 'Millboard' decking which is made from a fantastic composite material and requires no upkeep at all. A Corten steel water pool was posited over the top of the far drain cover and could be removed if necessary. subtile lighting illuminates the planting and creates a relaxing evening atmosphere.

The garden is separated into two sections with horizontal screening and a concealed entrance to the car space. Feature lighting leads the way in the evening.

A floating Hardwood bench was built into the South facing corner of the garden this is surrounded by bespoke powder coated planters.
This garden included 1800mm high hand made wooden gates. The total budget including lighting, plants, water feature, materials and building cost was 10K. The garden was built in 3 weeks on time and to budget.

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.