kirsty_brannagan

Looking to sell bespoke handmade products

Kirsty Brannagan
7 years ago

Hey Houzzers,

I've recently begun making bespoke kids teepees, just for family and friends so far and was wondering if anyone had any tips on making money from my hobby. I love sewing and choosing fabrics and always make my own sewing patterns, and am getting quick with production. Would it be worthwhile setting up a Houzz page or should I stick to Etsy or something? I know there are quite a lot of people making teepees so is the market exhausted? I haven't seen any with windows or little toy pockets like mine. My issue is that these are expensive to make so I'd like to market them as bespoke with detail photos of ones I've already made and make new ones when I get an order, but I think people would want to see a photo of the product before buying. What do you guys think?

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.