lauren555

Help me reconfigure first floor layout!

lauren555
7 years ago

We have a spacious house on a corner plot with a first floor layout that just doesn't work for us as a young family of 3. As you can see, there are 4 large bedrooms, an old family bathroom with separate W/C, and ensuite in the bay of the biggest bedroom (bedroom 1). We can sacrifice all or part of a bedroom to fit things in if necessary!

I would like to:

1. Move a new laundry room up here (2m x 2m minimum)

2. Incorporate the toilet into the family bathroom

3. Regain the space and light from bay window in bedroom 1 by moving the ensuite somewhere else (another room or another corner of bedroom 1).

4. Not essential but would love a study area or nook and also separate storage for bedding, towels etc

I have some ideas but thought I would turn to the lovely creative community of Houzz for advice before making any final decisions!

Thanks in advance, Lauren

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.