hillfly

Floor plan opinions - ding ding round 3!

hillfly
6 years ago

Hi folks,

So since I last posted in early Jan we've had discussions with our architect and a builder and decided we were over budget by some margin (as some of you had suggested!).

We also discovered our plans for an extension on 'stilts' over the garage was not cost effective and that we should definitely demolish our garage and build up (again you were all on the money there!).

So here's the latest thinking. The garage will be rebuilt and re-sited elsewhere at a later date so no longer an issue.

We've scaled everything else back which should make it more affordable.

Still some layout queries with the en suite to the master (Mrs hillfly wants a bath and a shower!) & maximising wardrobe config - whilst preserving south facing views from the bed.

Ideally we'd have the bed on the opposite wall than shown on the proposed plan but cant seem to make any other configuration work.

Also kitchen layout is open for debate if anyone has any thoughts here.

Thanks in advance!

Proposed plans:

Existing floor plan:

Comments (23)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.