tomsarah08

Help! Porcelain tiles outside - facts v fiction

Sara
6 years ago
Hi. We’ve ordered some lovely large outdoor porcelain tiles from Mandarin Stone. They’re 900 x 450mm.
Our tradesperson has let us down the day of the job because he said he doesn’t dare cut the porcelain anymore because it’s a lot harder.

Can anyone tell me if this is true and how the job differs from laying regular stone? We bought porcelain because we heard it was better and easier.

Since he cancelled, we are getting all kinds of conflicting information from other trades people, including some quoting twice as much, twice as long, some saying it needs sealing, some saying it doesn’t, some saying it need a screed, some saying it’s fine on a wet dry mix. Your knowledge would be much appreciated.
Below is an image of what we would eventually like and the current state of the job.

Thanks

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.