shaggysgirl

Help with this banister

Susan S
4 years ago

Hi everybody - we close on our new home soon and are moving in June. We temporarily considered restaining the floors, but after getting quotes we decided to keep the floors as is (they are in excellent condition, so it was for pure aesthetic reasons) and invest that money in other areas. I can deal with the tone of wood on the floors, but in the entryway to the house, it overwhelms - floor, stairs, banister. I am thinking a banister update can help but I am not sure what to do. Any suggestions? The hallyway will be painted in either agreeable gray or Behr roman plaster (or perhaps SW grecian ivory), depending on what looks best when we get in the house. There is white trim that you can't see here. TIA for your expertise!

Comments (24)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.