srhchpmn

Large and tall trees - property purchase

Sarah
3 years ago

I am in the process of buying a house which has a couple of large and very tall trees at the front of the property - probably about roughly 5m and 10m from the house. There's also a third nearby in a neighbours garden. I have asked our conveyancing solicitor to explore this further and am considering having a tree survey carried out to assess whether they pose any hazard to the property or inhabitants. I've also read that if a tree which you own damages somebody else's property or even endangers somebody then the owner is potentially liable. Has anybody else experienced a similar situation? What steps did you take to protect yourselves and others? Also, from a resale perspective would large and tall trees in front of a house put you off if you were a potential buyer? I have checked for TPOs and the one nearest to the property isn't protected but that's not really relevant as I have no wish to interfere with any of them, I just want peace of mind really that my family, others and our investment are all safe. Any guidance, insight or thoughts would be hugely appreciated. Thanks!

ps. I haven't included a picture as it's not my house....yet.

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.