fran_mcloughlin

En suite or downstairs toilet?

Fran McLoughlin
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I have a small 2 bed house I share with my soon to be teenage daughter. There is the possibility to install either a tiny en suite toilet and shower for my bedroom, using an existing built in cupboard that adjoins the bathroom, or a downstairs toilet (and ideally wet room) which would be built from the front hall in to an existing brick built front shed. I am struggling to decide which option would be more useful and add more value to the house. I suspect the downstairs option would be more expensive, as fuse box and meters would need to be moved, but would be good for visitors (remember them?) and would preserve much needed storage space upstairs. But as daughter gets older, I might really appreciate my own bathroom space and I think this would be a cheaper build due to proximity of waste pipes etc. from existing bathroom.

Any experience or thoughts on what would give me a better return on the spend? Thanks!

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.