munim92uk

Need Advice on Awkward Floor Plan Layout with Triangle Shaped Garden

Munim Chowdhury
2 years ago

Dear Community,

I would appreciate your valuable input in the current dilemma I'm in, as I am looking to purchase a house that has a large triangle shaped front Garden plot and a small narrow one at the back. A very unique layout. I'm planning to do a double storey extension on the left hand side (7m by 3.5m)

As this will be a family home for my wife, 2 daughters (10 & 5) and myself, I'm hoping you receive some help and feedback on the floor plan layout.

We've been doing a lot of thinking around how each space will be utilised and used a cheap software called floorplanner.com to mock up the design. The must have items are:

Large Kitchen diner & utility

Large Main Bedroom with On-suite

A Study Area

A Garden that can entertain big family occasions but also a small function of up to 4 people

Driveway to accommodate 2 cars

A front access to the Garden

A downstairs Toilet & Shower

Image 1 is the current layout and Image 2 is the new proposed layout with a small sketch done fo the upstairs main bedroom.

What do you think.

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.