tina_herlihymarshall

Shall we block a wall?

Hello,

We would really like a kitchen with more workable space. The wall marked in red has been taken down and we have considered blocking either the green or the blue door (and moving the kitchen to that end of the house) to create more space. Our key things we'd like are 2 ovens at eye height, a breakfast bar/island and more usable workspace.

Our builder has suggested blocking the green door which is the door to the kitchen direct from the hall, which I think would create a lovely space, but would it be annoying to have to go through the dining room all the time, and would it impact the sale of the house not having that as a through area.

We're very conflicted.

In an ideal world we'd convert the conservatory and switch the sides of the house over, but quotes for that have been through the roof.

What do you think?

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.