webuser_600602904

Planning permission is in. PLEASE HELP.

Ula Smith
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

We really need some advice.

The question I want to ask is..

We are in the process of planning permission. At this stage would a design led architect rework the internal layout within the scope of the external structure and then do the detailed design and technical design? Would this encroach on the original architect's intellectual property ? And would any designer be interested in this? I called a studio last week and they said they would only work on the design from scratch.

Very long story short. Our lack of experience in this area has led to a catalogue of errors in that we've been strung along on the only concept idea developed and that its all that could be done -" but don't worry we'll make sure you are happy with it and the layout can be changed". When we have tried to ask for changes been met with hostility and made to feel like we are akward clients. We have repeatedly said we expect to be charged accordingly for your time.

Anyway, we are at the point now where we have our life savings to spend on this development. We thought we had got so far doen the line with this architect that we may as well try and get planning and then change the internal layout or simply move house and sell ours with this planning.

Is there anyway we can salvage this?

Please help.. The stress of this is making me ill.

Comments (17)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.