ann_keegan39

Kitchen layout for kitchen/dining/living area ???

Ann
last year

Building work will start next month on our bungalow extension and renovation. We will be moving the kitchen to the rear of the house to look out onto the garden and it will become part of a kitchen/dining/living area. We will still have a separate lounge for evening TV watching etc, so the living area is primarily for my husband and I to relax in during the day, as we're both retired.

The way I had envisaged the room was to have 3 separate zones for kitchen/dining and living; with the kitchen sited on the left wall when entering the room, with an island in the middle.

Comfortable seating would then be on the right hand side of the room (towards the sliding doors) as this enables better views onto the garden.

I can envisage some bench seating and dining table immediately to the right of the room.

My concern is that on entry to the room, you will see the side profile of full height kitchen units and now just starting to wonder if there is a better kitchen layout before we need to commit to plumbing and electrical first fix locations.

There will be additional lighting into the room via 2 x Vario by Velux rooflights. The bedroom window that is on the left hand side of the room on entry will be blocked up and moved to the rear of the house.

Thanks in advice for any advice/suggestions

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.