kathy_scott42

Help with new kitchen extension quandary please

Kathy Scott
last year

Hi all

We’re knocking through the kitchen / dining room and adding a 3m extension on the back of the house to create a living/dining/kitchen area. The extension is not flush with the existing wall (semi detached house) and will be built 30cm in. This gives a slightly staggered run of units with the tall units being set back by 30cm and starting at the protrubance where the RSJ sits. Do you think this will look odd?

i could get round this by including a stud wall to make the units flush but would lose 30cm of space - would that be significant?

Husband didn’t want the kitchen on the other side so that’s not an option. And, the door to the utilty will be a sliding pocket door so i hope to have 3 tall units and not 2..

Thank you so much for your thoughts - I’m so immersed in this I can’t make any decisions any more!

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.