sonal_tripathi88

help with hallway planning please!

My hallway is small and this is what we’ve done with it for the last 5 years. We really need a place for shoe and coats storage. As you can see the show cabinets are small and my husbands larger shoes and our boots etc don’t fit in there. The extra shoes all outside do not make for a good look!

The narrow hall and the 2 windows with the wall jutting out a little as you can see makes things difficult. The stairs come down onto it and there is a toilet under the stairs. There is a very small area under stairs where I put a small number of things but the meters and WiFi router are also there so cannot do much more with that space.

Is this the best we can do with this space? I can get something bespoke made for storage but we haven’t really settled on anything.

In my ideal situation I would like good shoe and coats storage (hidden) with perhaps a small seat for people to sit on (not a biggie as they can sit on the stairs). I would’ve loved some plants to decorate but it adds to the clutter rather than take away from it.

Any ideas would be really appreciated. Thank you!

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.