tony_pearce4

Porch improvement advice

Tony Pearce
8 months ago

Good day all!

We moved house 6 months ago and have always struggled deciding how to jazz up and lighten the front porch. We are somewhat limited by the fact the roof overhangs creating a practical but dark and rather drab front to the house.

We intend to change the front garden design including replacing the tarmac pathways with traditional limestone paving slabs, as well as changing the flower beds etc.

We were initially considering adding Oak beams and braces with a low wall for structure. Something similar to the below. However, we are still unsure and would welcome any advice or suggestions.

A couple of neighbours have extended/squared off the corner and by doing so increased the internal space. However, we aren't looking to invest too much money due to a planned extension to the side & rear, and we would miss the practicalities of having somewhere to hide from the rain. Yet I understand compromises must be made somewhere.

Thanks,

Anthony.

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.