antchristie

Designing a TV/Feature Wall, non symmetrical wall, one large alcove

antchristie
23 days ago
last modified: 23 days ago

Hello,

I am looking for some guidance on the design of a TV / Feature wall in our Living Room.

Wall length is about 2.6m wide, then we also have the alcove which is around 1.65 wide x 0.5 deep, which means it's not a symmetrical wall we're working with, as you'll see in the photo attached (freshly mist coated!).

I like the idea of wood panels/slats - this board i found has quite a few nice options that I keep coming back to: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/majorcostel4592/living-room/ have pasted a few below also.

I have also attached a proposed layout for the room, with dimensions.

You'll see the wall has an opening for an old chimney, but we don't intend to bring it back into operation, couple of asthma sufferers in the house, so not an option.

Should I make a feature of just the alcove and the have the TV on a unit with just paint? Or try and incorporate the alcove and TV wall altogether?

Or make a feature of just the alcove?

I'm keen to have the TV on a darker wall, so that when it's not in use it blends into the background a little more easily.

What do you all think? If i am approaching it completey wrong, do let me know!

Cheers

Comments (18)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.