webuser_413042386

French doors completion certificate

J O
17 days ago

Looking for advice regarding a completion certificate application where a building warrant wasn’t issued beforehand.

Work is installation of French doors where an existing external window was. No structural element to it as lintel was touched/altered. Opening was same width as existing windows. Work was carried out 7 years ago. Did not get building warrant at time so retrospectively applying for it.

Have filled out application with what I think are all the relevant details and plans (I’d had previously plans drawn for a project that I never did but can clearly see the French doors in existing floor plan and elevations that were drawn by architect so just using them.

Question is how much detail do I really need for a retrospective application - I’m hoping those drawings and some photos are enough. The window company who installed them are out of business now so I can’t get much more info. I do have details of type of doors and glazing used which I have included. I would rather not pay an architect for this as I have plans for before and spent way too much already!

Comments (17)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.