carol_mahida

Need help with an uniquely placed front door

Carol Mahida
10 years ago
We just bought a new Arts and Crafts style home. We love the new house, but the front door to the house is uniquely placed and I don't know how to fix it. (If you follow the path to the house, you would turn right and the front door is there... it leads to a small vestibule that then takes you to another door that welcomes you to the living room:)).

I don't love that the path leading up the house is in the center of the yard and draws your attention to the back of the fire place and not the entryway. It looks disorienting from the street because you don't see a front door.

How should I fix this? I'm having a hard time finding inspiration and problem solving this situation. I hope I was clear. Thank you in advance!

Comments (26)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.