levipan

Need help choosing a curtain/blind fabric!

Pandora
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I've chosen some beautiful butterfly wallpaper (Flutterby Pearl, by Julian McDonald), but am struggling to choose fabric for curtains / blinds, and deciding on a finish that will block out the most light. Your thoughts would be great!

The room is quite small (L 274cm; W 183cm; H 227cm), with a window at the narrow end opposite the door way that is H123cm and W176cm. The 7cm difference is all on the left, as the window frame goes right up to the wall on the right.

The wallpaper will be on the Left wall, the wall below & around the window, and on the wall with the door. The fourth wall will be painted an off-white that matches the background to the wall paper. (The idea is that it will be easier to add book shelves and pictures etc, without ruining the wall paper whenever we want to move them).

I've attached some photos of the wallpaper (see the sparkly background!), and the window on the left and right hand side. We're in the middle of sizing the walls post-plastering, and the wardrobe is in the middle of the room, covered by a sheet, so I can't get a full photo of the room.

I'm quite handy with a sewing machine, so happy to make the curtains / blinds, but just struggling to choose the fabric and decide on the final style (roman blinds / pull blind / recessed / curtains with valance etc)

It is going to be a nursery (I've 8 weeks until baby arrives), but she'll be in our room for the first few months, so we have a bit of time....

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.