fzd2015

Add warmth and contrast to a pale clinical kitchen

Francesca Davey
7 years ago

My new kitchen (just being fitted now) is very pale soft grey matt handleless units and I've chosen woodstone blanc laminate square edge worktops and a pale grey timber effect porcelain tile on the floor. I went for all pale grey to make it as light as possible because the room is east facing with only a small window, and it's not huge (16x10ft). But now it's really bland with no contrast even though I specifically chose textured wood effect tiles to soften the look. I want the room to stay neutral but it needs warming up.

There's no space for a table or any wood furniture because I'm having a breakfast bar in the corner. There is one blank wall with just a doorway through to utility which I could do something with... I feel like I need some old dark grey timber in there somewhere.

Any suggestions?

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.