kishen_gajjar15

Which wood option should I go for?

Kishen Gajjar
7 years ago
Hi everyone. I'm new to Houzz, so please excuse me if this is not a typical question for this audience, but I need some advice and don't know where else to look.

I'm trying to find a piece of furniture that will compliment an antique mirror I bought some time ago. I've found an amazing shelf, there are two options, and I don't know which to pick.

First option is made locally and available in Walnut. It's a very reasonable price and I was about to order it, but then I got confused by the second option. First and second pictures are option 1.

Second option is an identical unit, but made of Mango wood. Apparently, this one is made in India and finished locally, and is twice the price of the first. Third picture is option 2.

The piece I am trying to match is a mirror that I bought second hand off a local area trading website, and I don't even know what kind of wood it is. Fourth picture.

I need help in identifying the wood for the mirror and choosing the best match, but also get some advice on which of options 1 and 2 would make the better buy.

I hope I've managed to be clear. looking forward to your responses.

K

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.