ruby789

Help with bedroom furniture

ruby789
7 years ago

Hi all,

I've found a bedroom I love (the master in this photostory http://www.homebunch.com/timeless-designed-house/).

My room is a basic box, no crown moulding, and only one door. I’m just looking to copy the general style.

I have a similar floor, bed (though mine is buttoned), bedding and mirror. My walls are a similar colour (mine slightly less grey than theirs), and my trim and door is white. This has been a happy accident, I didn’t really have a plan until I found that inspiration on-line. It’s the right blend of light and dark for me. I like the rug, but won’t do hide so that’s another change.

I can get espresso brown bedside tables, I’m just not sure what colour wardrobe to go for? Theirs is a built in behind a white door. Mine would be freestanding, and would be on the wall opposite the bed and the bedside tables. So, should I get white or dark wood for the wardrobes? They will cover 2.5 m of wall space so quite dominating. I’m worried it might look like two rooms if I don’t match the bedside tables? I also have gold curtains I really want to keep.

Many thanks

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.