becky22546

Walk-in pantry design guidelines?

Becky
5 years ago

Does anyone know where I can find some design standards/guidelines for a walk-in pantry? I read through the "new to kitchens forum" posts and didn't see anything about walk-in pantries. I have a 12'x9' room that I'm trying to divide into a pantry and office. (I'm not sure if the spaces will be divided with a wall, or just visually divided with furniture.) The office will be used for bill paying & meal planning, so it doesn't need to be huge. A desk and a couple of file cabinets will suffice. I've never had a walk-in pantry so I'm not sure how much space I'll need. I know I want room for freezer, wine fridge & lots of shelves...maybe a couple of cabinets w/ counter space. I just don't know how deep the shelves should be, nor how big the pantry should be. Are there standard sizes for walk-in pantries?

Comments (13)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.