melloko

Help with rejigging layout with shower and loft bathroom

melloko
2 years ago

Help!

We're planning an extension and re-jigger the layout of our very narrow house. The house is a typical narrow old victorian terrace in London. Currently the full bathroom is on the ground floor, in the back of the ground floor. And there's an ensuite shower in the loft.

With the extension, we're thinking of removing the full bath from the ground floor, changing the shower in the loft into a shower/bath and adding a shower to the 1st floor. Due to the narrowness of the house, it's difficult to put a full bath without compromising the rooms. But I really dislike having the full bath on the ground floor in favor of a larger kitchen / dining area.

Thoughts on:

• Whether its weird to have a full bath in the loft and a shower-only room on the 1st floor? Would this be an issue with kids? (we don't have any but plan to)
  • Fitting a shower/bath in the loft feels changing with the slanted roof. My husband is tall so finding the right spot for the toilet is a bit challenging. Ideas would be welcome here!

Any advice would be helpful, thanks in advance!

Photo shows the proposed changes.

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.