webuser_259423239

2 New Bathrooms required - where to begin?

HU-259423239
last year

Hi All,

We're very new to this and would really appreciate some advice/suggestions!

Recently moved into our first place together. A semi detached in north London.

Lots of jobs to do but bathroom are the priority.

2 bathrooms.

Main bathroom is fairly large (9 * 7) and has a bath with a shower head above it that are heated by the house's gas fired central heating.

Second bathroom is smaller with just an electric shower within a cubicle.

We do not plan to change the configuration of the small shower but just to change the different parts (shower unit, electric shower, sink, toilet) and have the walls retiled and a new floor laid (likley tiles again)

For the main bathroom we want to completely charge everything (as above) but possibly also want to re-configure the layout and move the bath under the window and potentially go for a deeper & wider bath.

We were going to go ahead and just get the top bedroom down but then decided that it may be better to get them both down together?

Where we're just replacing like for like the top bathroom is quite straightforward.

However for the bottom bathroom we may need to have it specifically designed and so may need to get a different tiler/plumber/builder in than we would for the more straightforward top bathroom?

We want everything done within 3-6 months and so recognised that we need to get quotes asap and that we may have less choice than we would preferred given the apparent shortage of tradespeople?

Do we go to a showroom and look at bathroom suites? We would prefer to come up with our own combinations?

Do we need a plumber or other tradesperson to come around and check in advance?

Possibility of just buying the main bathroom from somewhere like easy bathrooms and then arranging the different parts of the smaller bathroom?

Anyone with similar experience?

Any recommendations of different bathroom stores?

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.