clare_devlin14

Bathroom issues (position and water pooling)- unsure what to do next!

Clare D
last year
last modified: last year

Hello, i have just had a new shower room fitted. the shower goes across the window. i was surprised that the sill gathers a pool of water (i expected it to slant to drain to the shower- instead it slants to the window). the plumber seems to think this is unavoidable, something to fo with due to the depth of the window. any advice? it feels wrong to me but am inexperienced!

also the toilet has been fitted so close to the shower that my shoulders touch the shower glass when sitting and a larger person would need to sit at an angle! it is a small room but i didnt expect that. i dont think i can do anything now, but does anyone have experience of agreeing a reduced price for this design flaw (or at least not being earned in advance - the plan/CGI didnt look like this). the design was by a large company.

thanks very much! I was so looking forward to the new bathroom but now rather disaappinted!

Comments (20)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.