dave_pollard

How to combine an office/living room space?

Dave Pollard
4 years ago

We've been in our house for about 11 months, but still don't quite know how to tackle this room.

we pretty much live at the back of the house, so I'm currently using it as a home office, with a desk and screens tucked into one of the corners. Bit it seems like such a waste for a big room.

We've since put some blinds up, and despite the bright photo, it loses the sunlight after midday and becomes quite a dark room.

Thinking of embracing the dark and making it a cosy living space, with similar colour schemes to the photo below. But I'm not sure how to combine a home office with this.

Has anyone had a similar issue? - would be great to see some other peoples solutions.

Also thinking one of the 2 doors into the room could be boarded up (see floorplan)

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.