webuser_256504730

Planning for two shower systems - and lost!!

Brett
3 years ago

I have found so much conflicting information about installing different kinds of showers - it would be excellent to get some advice. We bought a 4-bed house over 3 floors that is a very long-term redecorating/renovating project. There are currently two full bathrooms (one shower is not working and we bought the house that way).

Currently, we use a bath / shower mixer tap we attached to the first floor bath - and we now have a makeshift shower with decent pressure and hot water. But that is ONLY when no other water in the house is being used. So, if the laundry machine is running, the shower pressure and temperature is affected - the same when dishes are being washed, etc.

There is a combination boiler in place that is relatively recent, so it is a pressurised system.

We are now looking to get the top shower functioning - and we need to put in some kind of new shower, preferably over a bath.

I would really appreciate a recommendation on how we fix these water pressure and temp issues now - so that eventually, we will be able to take two showers at a time. And/or wash dishes without disturbing others.

Is this a pump system we need for both showers? Can it be solved with an electrical or a thermostatic shower? What kind of electrical-powered shower will we need to buy for each shower?

With many thanks!

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.